We’re looking for a talented mid- or heavy-weight Front-End Developer to join us at our US office in Westbury, Long Island. Working as part of a top-rated Shopify development team, you’ll be building beautiful, highly functional e-commerce websites for a range of fantastic clients.
You’ll be joining a close and vibrant team in a fast-growing international company that is doing exciting things in the world of Shopify. Recently invited to be Plus partners, we are thrilled to be working with some of the biggest and best companies using the platform. We’d describe ourselves as work hard/play hard and we’re extremely proud of our great office spaces, company perks and legendary socials. There are also opportunities for US team members to spend time working at our UK offices.
You will have fantastic attention to detail, able to turn our designers’ page concepts into pixel-perfect websites. You’ll have a proven track record of bringing a proactive approach to real-world problems, and be confident working closely with our back-end team to develop integrated and effective custom functionality for our clients. You’ll be happy to be development lead on a build project, and to support junior team members in their projects.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Training and providing guidance to junior members of the development team
- Contributing to company development standards, working closely with the management team
- Being proactive in suggesting and implementing new processes for the development team
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new solutions
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
- Working on projects both individually and within team methodologies
- Required skills:
- Excellent HTML5, LESS and Sass experience
- Coding valid XHTML and CSS mark-up
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with jQuery
- Passion for emerging web technologies
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as git
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard
- Experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
10 days’ holiday plus public holidays
Must be eligible to work in the US and able to commute daily to our Westbury office
If you think you’d be a good fit, send your CV and covering note telling us why we should hire you to email@example.com.