We’re looking for a talented mid- or heavy-weight Front-End Developer to join us at our UK offices in Birmingham’s lovely Custard Factory. Working as part of a top-rated Shopify development team, you’ll be building beautiful, highly functional e-commerce websites for a range of fantastic clients.
You’ll be joining a close and vibrant team in a company that is growing rapidly. This year there will be opportunities for developers to work on brand new areas of the business and spend time at our New York offices. And we’re very proud of our foosball skills, beer fridge, great office space and legendary socials.
You will have fantastic attention to detail, being able to turn our designers’ page concepts into pixel-perfect websites. You’ll have a proven track record of bringing a proactive approach to real-world problems, and be confident working closely with our back-end team to develop integrated and effective custom functionality for our clients. You’ll be happy to be development lead on a build project.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Training other staff
- Contributing to the company development standards, working closely with the management team
- Being proactive in suggesting and implementing new processes for the development team
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new solutions
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
- Working on projects both individually and within team methodologies
- Required skills:
- Excellent HTML5, LESS and Sass experience
- Coding valid XHTML and CSS mark-up
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with jQuery
- Passion for emerging web technologies
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as git
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
Years of experience are not a prerequisite; instead it is all about your technical capability and demonstrable experience: the types and sizes of projects you’ve worked on, your knowledge of UX and IA, and your ability to turn around a project.
Must live in UK with valid work permit
Full-time permanent role
37.5 hours a week
If you think you’d be a good fit, send your CV and covering note telling us why we should hire you to [email protected].