Eastside Co is seeking an experienced PHP web application developer to join our growing application development team. We’re a creative e-commerce agency specialised in development for the Shopify platform.
Our application development team handles some of our most exciting and challenging projects – from bespoke e-commerce platforms, to simple integrations, to our range of public apps available on the Shopify app store. You will work with the rest of the team to develop and maintain a diverse array of applications, with new challenges and innovations every day.
As a member of the application development team you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining applications and systems to a high standard.
- Work closely with clients and customers to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new projects, and to design project specifications.
- Design and architect new APIs and systems.
- Providing accurate, realistic estimates/quotes for new work.
- Contributing to the department’s development of best practices, standards, and policies.
- Identifying and addressing common web security concerns.
- Investigating and addressing technical support issues.
- Staying up-to-date with current development trends.
You will be an expert in most if not all of these:
- PHP 5/7
- Laravel 5
- HTML, CSS, JS
- In-depth understanding of web security.
- LAMP configuration/deployment.
- Linux CLI basics.
- API integration (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- AWS deployment and management.
- Frontend tooling and frameworks (i.e. CSS preprocessors, HTML templating, etc.)
- Designing and building awesome user interfaces.
- Experience of building highly-scalable web applications.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
Must be eligible to work in the UK
Salary £25,000 – £35,000 DOE
If you are interested in joining this friendly , fun and highly motivated team then apply via [email protected].