Established in 2012, Eastside Co has supported hundreds of internationally-renowned brands including Nike, Ford, Tropic skincare, Carex and Chelsea FC (to name just a few…) to exceed their business ambitions thanks to world-class ecommerce solutions.
From beautifully designed, intuitive online stores, to results-driven marketing strategies and best-in-class applications, Eastside Co’s 70+ strong team of specialists across UX, design, development, marketing and client services work with online businesses to achieve exceptional success.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect responsible for the discovery, scoping and specification of client requirements for their Shopify stores. You will work closely with our CTO to share the workload in analysing and scoping client requirements. You will need to scope out those requirements in a manner that keeps project constraints in mind and then write specifications for the project, too.
You will also oversee the project as it goes through the development cycle. The other main function of this role is to provide support to the CTO in deciding on the tools and frameworks we use to continue to develop world-class Shopify storefronts.
If you don't already have it, you will need to develop an extensive knowledge of the Shopify platform. Not just to be able to analyse requirements, but also to answer detailed questions about what can and can't be done with the platform.
About The Role
- Assisting the CTO in the areas of discovery, scope and specification. Also in the choosing of new technologies suitable for store customisations and app development.
- Analysing the client requirements — this is key to the role. The understanding and interpretation of client requirements for their web store.
- Analysing store specifics — most clients will have specific requirements in key areas of their store. It might be for a custom integration with a back office system, or a theme component, such as product filtering. You will also need to have an appreciation of the common popular apps available for Shopify stores.
- Analysing and documenting requirements — clarifying each requirement and documenting them in epics and user stories.
- Assessing a solution prototype — what would the minimum viable store look like?
- Participating in technology selection — how will the theme/app be built? What frameworks or libraries would work best?
- Controlling solution development — once the specification is written and development starts, you will take an active role in ensuring the build stays to specification.
- Supporting project management — being available to answer questions around possibilities and options for store development from the sales and client services team.
- At least six years experience in web development, as a developer and having progressed through to senior or lead.
- Practical commercial experience in scoping and analysing client requirements, especially in relation to e-commerce websites.
- Practical knowledge of software architecture design.
- Practical experience in writing specifications that developers can use as a blueprint to build a project.
- You will have expert knowledge of the Laravel framework in terms of web app development
- You will have Strong Vue.js experience and solid React JS skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills in relation to client requirements
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance for web applications and Shopify in particular
- Previous knowledge of Shopify and some DevOps would be helpful but not essential.
The salary for the role would be circa £65,000 - £75,000 depending on experience. In order to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org