Award-winning web design and marketing agency Eastside Co is one of the world’s most experienced Shopify Plus Partners. Established in 2012, ESC has helped hundreds of aspirational brands and internationally-renowned names including Carex, Ford and Chelsea FC exceed their goals thanks to world-class ecommerce solutions.
From beautifully designed, intuitive online stores, to results-driven marketing strategies and best-in-class applications, Eastside Co’s 70-strong team of specialists across UX, design, development, marketing and client services work with online businesses to achieve success.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our rapidly expanding team. Working alongside the Client Development Manager you will be responsible for the technical documentation, for our clients and internal teams.
Responsibilities and duties
The key responsibilities are:
- Create clear and concise material, taking care of editing and proofreading tasks
- Update and maintain a library of technical guides and documentation for internal use
- Produce world class documentation for our clients web stores
- Revise or rewrite existing technical documentation
- Research and gather technical information about updates to Shopify in terms of documentation updates that will be required
- Test whether all users understand newly written documents
- Collaborate with developers and other technical specialists to ensure that they understand the subject of the documents, be that documentation, scopes or specifications
- Work closely with developers, designers, translators and other relevant professionals
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and developments in the e-commerce space
- Producing electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
Technical competencies, skills and experience
The following are considered essential for the role:
- Ability to describe complex software functions in a clear and plain English style
- Objective analysis, listening with verbal reasoning to assess needs and/or direction for documentation and other technical written papers.
- Expert application of syntax and punctuation, regarding language as it pertains to the field or subject area
- Collaborative, being aware of the relative responsibilities of Designers and Developers
- Word processing in both remote and in-house software including the use of spell checkers, stylebooks and HTML
- Targeting, using market research and analysis to assess the specific audience of any document they create
- Time management, project planning and execution
- At least two years of experience in a similar role
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30k-£36k DOE
Sign up for job alerts