World Mental Health Day might be on October 10th but we all know that mental health is important every day of the week. You might be considering applying for a role with us, or simply interested in our approach to supporting the mental health of our team.
Here are some of the ways in which we support good mental health:
- We promote a positive work-life balance with options to either work fully remotely from home or hybrid with a few days in the office if being face to face is more your thing.
- With flexibility around start and finish times too! Either start at 8am and finish earlier or 10am and finish later to suit you.
- Although we support home working, we remain connected through regular agency get-togethers. Plus each head of department is allocated a ‘spending pot’ for social events for their team each quarter…from laser quest to team lunches there’s plenty of opportunity to meet up in person.
- Employee resource groups are available, which are employee-led channels whose aim is to foster and support our diverse workforce by creating a safe space to chat, share advice and come up with ideas to enable improvement.
- Completely approachable board team, with one member acting as a dedicated diversity, inclusion and mental health champion.
- Our healthcare is open to everyone and includes eight complimentary counselling sessions when life feels particularly challenging.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to provide team members with a platform where they can seek help regarding any issue or challenge they may be facing - available 24/7.
- We provide 25 holiday days per year, plus all bank holidays off and a week off for Christmas. We recognise that in the fast-paced environment of the ecommerce industry, the importance for regular time away from work is important.
- Culturally, we like to give credit where it’s due (and often!) whereby praising, thanking and recognising hard work are a natural part of our culture. Whether that’s a peer celebrating the success of a colleague, a line manager highlighting the work of their team or our CEO thanking an individual for their efforts personally.
For me, the culture at Eastside Co has a huge impact on my day to day wellbeing and working life. I am extremely fortunate and proud to work for a business where recognition, kindness and appreciation is the norm.
If you’d like to work for an agency where wellbeing is front and centre, then check out our live vacancies and get in touch.
And of course, happy World Mental Health Day on October 10th!